1. Awol
  2. Smile Seeker Love Fool Sherlock Holmes
  3. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (COD4)
  4. Tuesday, 16 June 2020
  5.  Subscribe via email
Im creating this thread for up and coming map rotations. Currently its mainly myself with a little input from players that happen to be on the server. Some maps work some dont, so i want everyone that wishes to to give some input on maps they wish to see on the server.

Cheers

Awol
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Wildcat
Council Member
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Do I dare lol.......................... not so many sniping maps for me :o
Comment
Heavymetal
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
Good post M8
found its always better for the server if we have stock map then modded then stock then modded and so on and so on.

Here's some maps that i think work well all round to get us started :D

Karachi
Inv
bakaara
strike 2 (looks ace)
crash 2 (look's ace )
DISTRICT
seatown
overgrown
broadcast
Killhouse
Comment
aims
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
Maps that appear to have good flow:

Celo
Summit
Overgrown
Pipeline

Most of these maps have multiple ways of getting around the map, such as tunnels etc.

Maps to try out:

Firing range
Raid
Vacant - (the one with the back end opened up)
Favela
Resistance
Havana
Estate
Backlot2
Launch
Quarry
Slums
Hardhat
Comment
Sgt_G
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
Please keep some good long range maps (sniping) as some of us are to old for run and gun types :)
Comment
Heavymetal
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
mog is also a good one
Comment
Heavymetal
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
Hi Awol
ive found this source of maps ,we have most of theses but are some new interesting maps

https://gamebanana.com/maps/games/605
Comment
Votes
Undo
I half disagree with you Sgt_G. Long range maps offer nothing to those who want to 'run and gun'. The best maps offer something for both types of player. Areas where you can snipe long open areas and other areas with cover to move around. Keeps everybody interested.

We have a lot of large maps at the moment and I find myself sitting out a good proportion of the current rotation. I acknowledge that that is partly my personal preference so I will just have to 'suck it up' but we are trying to encourage people to move from spawn and all these maps seem to force people to stay put because as soon as you move into an open area you get picked off by someone with a sniper rifle or a G3. If I wanted to play that sort of game I would be playing Battlefield :p
Comment
aims
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
I'm with TC on this one nothing too big (oh matron!):p
Comment
Awol
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
By mog do you mean mile of mogudishu ?
Comment
Awol
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
The best maps offer something for both types of player. Areas where you can snipe long open areas and other areas with cover to move around. Keeps everybody interested.

Totally agree we need to cater for all player types. We will keep with the alternating standard to mod in the rotation like we have at present. If we have 1 or 2 maps which cater purely to the rushers or campers and then the remainder for both players i think it will give a good balance. I'm off this weekend so will start looking at some of the suggestions and try and work a good rotation.
Comment
Awol
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
Just been on the test server and had a look at mp_city. If you want to camp and rush its the map but its big, so many levels, subway trains you can use, climb up a crane, ropes up sides of buildings. Be a good laugh on a full server but you'd lose everyone if you had 12 players lol
Comment
Heavymetal
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
awol yep that's the one m8 i mean mile of mogudishu
another good one is mp_toujane_v2/2 it can be chaos if full server tho be warned ! :D :D :D :D
Comment
Votes
Undo
I would love to see old and new even though I don’t like some of the modded ones which seem to have bad seeing on them and things that I trip over and get accused of jumping ?, can we have more of the original maps please like vacant, backlot, killhouse etc?
Comment
Awol
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
What I may do is a full standard rotation, a full mod rotation then a mixed.
Comment
Wildcat
Council Member
Votes
Undo
I would love to see old and new even though I don’t like some of the modded ones which seem to have bad seeing on them and things that I trip over and get accused of jumping ?, can we have more of the original maps please like vacant, backlot, killhouse etc?

Killhouse Dodo ohhhhhhhhhh no lol:o :p
Comment
Sgt_G
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
Trash
I half disagree with you Sgt_G. Long range maps offer nothing to those who want to 'run and gun'. The best maps offer something for both types of player. Areas where you can snipe long open areas and other areas with cover to move around. Keeps everybody interested

Well most of the maps we have are all run and gun types and to someone that don't really like playing them because of slower reactions but i still do, but we should make provision for older and slower players on the server/s (which I am one) so if I can play or have a go at playing your type of map, surely players that like run and gun can reciprocate?
I know that you feel you can't charge in because of the fact some of the of time you get taken out at long range and that really spoils your day ...:D :D
I just feel a couple of good snipper maps would be good on the server/s

P.S I just love "KillHouse" too strange as it may seem
Comment
Wildcat
Council Member
Votes
Undo
well it would be a funny world if we all liked the same maps I just go with the flow :D
Comment
Heavymetal
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
What I may do is a full standard rotation, a full mod rotation then a mixed.

not sure that would work too well m8 too many mod maps can hurt a servers popularity , think the current model is working really well m8 mix of stock and mod , maybe we just need to change up the mod maps more often and chuck in a old fav stock map for fun like kill house or creek or shipment for a bit of fun, maybe only at peek times ie weekends
what do thinks?
Comment
Awol
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
Ok sounds like a plan
Comment
aims
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
Killhouse and shipment are great for small numbers with pistols or shotguns but you just need 1 player to choose to not be a sport and these maps become a mess. I'd love a shotgun/pistol only server with small maps.
Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!