Votes
Undo
  1. aims
  2. Love Fool Sherlock Holmes The Voice
  3. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (COD4)
  4. Tuesday, 21 July 2020
  5.  Subscribe via email
Hi all

Foxx complained because I placed a clay on the map vertical. It was at the back of the map where you have the one building in the field. The clay was placed at the top on the building next to the stairs. Foxx is claiming that this is a spawn. The spawn in my opinion is near the bottom of the steps and not inside the building that you climb up to.

Can anyone confirm that you spawn at the top of the building in the field or you do not?

If this is the case it will also be classed as spawn camp and any players in the building will be breaking the rules.

Cheers

Aims
Attachments (1)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
SPonGe
Game Server Admin
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
So there is definitely a spawn in front of the building. But on top of the building, I would argue that this is not one.
Comment
Votes
Undo
I would agree that the spawn is not there.
Comment
Gort
OGHF Tag Wearer
Votes
Undo
Hi Aims ,
Many people leave clays there myself included never heard of anyone complain before.
I have never spawned there but maybe someone has

Gort
Comment
aims
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
I will demo a whole game with the focus on the building so it will show someone spawning if there is a spawn there.

Thanks for all of your comments so far, this is what the community is for.

Keep them coming!
Comment
Votes
Undo
Aims, As discussed I will demo on this map/ position on top of the stairs. I personally spawned there several times. Will make a cont. vid next time on this map. Until then I regard this issue open/closed or whatever. No real issue to me as always (my personal clan experience).

The other situations concern the last few months concerning statements of certain admins when I had a high score "I hope you are not covering spawn points". I am playing long enough on the OGHF servers not to take that advantage and regard any remark in that direction as a personal insult. I do not need that sort of "advantages". It annoys and irritates me enormously. I do not not know OGHF well enough but can this be communicated internally?. I see OGHF admins making mistakes, e.g. placing Clays to close to spawns but I keep my mouth shut about it.

I am an admin myself, and sometimes hate the job, but respect every admin spending his time in this duty for a clan.

You are a SWEARING good player aims and I will get your SWEARING ;)

Ciao Foxxx
Comment
Sgt_G
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
Never spawned on the top of it
Comment
RogerRabbit
Council Member
Votes
Undo
Foxxx - We don't allow swearing on our servers or on our website please remove or update your reply
Comment
aims
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
Thanks foxx, it will be good to clear this up so we all know in the future. This is one of the points of the forum for us to discuss these issues and make sure we all know in situations like this that there is a conflict of opinion. So we discuss and provide evidence when we are unsure. Some admins might of dismissed this right off from the start but its not the way we deal with things here. So please do not feel that players are not listened too and I hope you understand that all I/we want to do is to clarify the situation, not just for clay in spawn but also for spawn camp as it is a popular place and I myself camp there occasionally so we need to be sure.

I am not really that good a player, just sneaky! But thanks.

Also as Roger has said, can you edit the post for the swearing please.

See you in game

Many thanks

Aims
Comment
Awol
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
Hi Foxxx

Hopefully we can sort out the clay at spawn that we have discussed in game and on the forum. What i would like to ask however is concerning the statement below :
The other situations concern the last few months concerning statements of certain admins when I had a high score "I hope you are not covering spawn points".

If you feel that certain admins are making accusations then please demo yourself in game and that way you have evidence to prove otherwise. You can then post on here for the attention of the head admins, we will gladly take a look.

Awol
Comment
Votes
Undo
That tin hut / building is a popular sniping spot and a clay at the top of the ladder would seem sensible. As far as i can recall I have never spawned actually in the building, but have done nearby.

You would not catch the clay unless you climbed the stairs.

Now you will have to discuss how close to a spawn is too close for a clay?

And that opens up a whole different discussion. ;) :)
Comment
chrisboots
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
I HAVE ITS A SPAWN
Comment
Wildcat
Council Member
Votes
Undo
I plant clays at the top of the stairs all the time... years maybe lol... I have never ever spawned there:p
Comment
aims
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
I HAVE ITS A SPAWN

Verbally confirmed that boots has only spawned at the bottom of the ladder.
Comment
Wildcat
Council Member
Votes
Undo
oh well I never lol
Comment
Wildcat
Council Member
Votes
Undo
now you are all being picky lol:p
Comment
Votes
Undo
Just a query, if the spawn is below the area in question, which i would agree is not at the location of the clay (do it myself)
However, the general consensus is it is very close to the spawn. What differs that as acceptable, where other maps if we move a bit (certainly no less as this point) its deemed unacceptable, i'm thinking city streets as an example based on a few warnings to people ( me included) the other day when next to the car at either end?

And again this seems subjective as Awol was killed by me at least once in that location ( same game ) also there and opposite one amongst other admins on other days without comment?

As i said in game at time, all subjective and only said in genuine query as i know full well from years of being admin here that its a thankless task at times. :)
Comment
aims
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
I think if the clay was on the ground and at distance where you would not expect it to be or the only exit from a spawn then I would be concerned. My opinion is that the platform is another level and you have to climb the ladder to get to it. The question here is, is there another spawn at the top?

I did a demo today and no one spawned even where I know there is a spawn which is below and one side of the ladder. However there were only a handful of players so I need to catch it when the server is a bit busier.
Comment
Orion
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
IMO, if the spawn is at the bottom of the ladder then a clay at the top of the ladder is fine. this would be the case with any spawn that was a the bottom of ladders/stairs and clays were planted at top.

Additionally, it is clear that the subject building has been incorporated into the map as a place for snipers to camp. I see no problem with players camping there at any time during the game. Just my view.

However, the general consensus is it is very close to the spawn. What differs that as acceptable, where other maps if we move a bit (certainly no less as this point) its deemed unacceptable, i'm thinking city streets as an example based on a few warnings to people ( me included) the other day when next to the car at either end?

The rule im applying is that these are inappropriate places to put claymores:
1. pointing directly at a spawn.
2. At the only exit from a spawn point.
3. Any place that would mean a player spawning would be killed if they moved a few feet.

So in the case of that building (and I dont know precisely where the spawn is)...any clays that are around the vehicle would be a no-no, but a clay the other side of the wall at the left (towards the nearest corner of the map) would be ok. A player must physically climb the ladder (which is more than a few feet anyway) and so a claymore at the top is fine.
Comment
Wildcat
Council Member
Votes
Undo
yes like overgrown a clay at the bottom of library stairs is a defo no but the top is not so that ok:D
Comment
Votes
Undo
Wasn't a query on the Clay.
was a moot comment re spawns.
Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!