1. Awol
  2. Smile Seeker Love Fool Sherlock Holmes
  3. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (COD4)
  4. Saturday, 29 August 2020
  5.  Subscribe via email
It has been noted across all our COD4 servers that some members/admins are not adhering to our own rules. THIS MUST STOP. How can we pull up players on the server for breaking the rules when there are those among us who dont follow them. Just because you have a tag it does not mean that rules dont apply to you.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
robbyy
Council Member
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Ditto Awol m8 and thanks for the reminder :)

Iam probably guilty for spawnkilling , sorry for that and i will try to be more careful in the future

Cheers
Comment
Awol
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
We all get the occasional accidental spawnkill, we apologise and are more careful. My issue is with tagged players that are circling spawns or targeting spawn exits but then cry out when its done to them.
Comment
Votes
Undo
About Time !! :p :p
Comment
MAD_DAD
OGHF Tag Wearer
Votes
Undo
THROW THEM OVERBOARD!!!!

but seriously, Clan members should be setting a fine example. Stop the rule breaking or you will lose all credibility and respect of other clan members and players alike.

I am not pointing the finger at anyone who has accidently broken the rules as this happens but those who are blatantly doing it.

That's my two pence worth, but who am I - just the MAD one.
Comment
Votes
Undo
I am probably guilty of it too. Sometimes in the game I get so fierce that I also forget certain rules. My apologies, I will be more attentive to it
Comment
Awol
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
So just been on TDM, map was ambush, quite full so had a game. Normally play this map with less players on, once i got in the groove it was a case of run and gun. Unfortunately i had to apologise to Wax on a few occasions as i kept running into him, always seemed to be just around a spawn area. So its easily done and some maps are worse for the issue than others. I wanted to put this on here as you all may be thinking with this post i was pointing the finger at specific players, well it was not the case. I just wanted us all to be aware that we need to be careful.
Comment
chrisboots
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
we all get spawn kill and the bot will get us all .
Comment
Heavymetal
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
So just been on TDM, map was ambush, quite full so had a game. Normally play this map with less players on, once i got in the groove it was a case of run and gun. Unfortunately i had to apologise to Wax on a few occasions as i kept running into him, always seemed to be just around a spawn area. So its easily done and some maps are worse for the issue than others. I wanted to put this on here as you all may be thinking with this post i was pointing the finger at specific players, well it was not the case. I just wanted us all to be aware that we need to be careful.

wouldn't worry about wax he's always camping a good sniping position Git! :D :D
Comment
Thrasher
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
TDM is a tough nut to crack for me... seems the team is camping a spawn... therefore there is a level of danger when you happen upon a firefight in their spawn because that is where the tangos at, bring the fight to the tangos. DM on the other hand, There should be some level of DM in a DM server... abuse should not be tolerated, but rarely do I get upset about an SK on me if it isn't someone laying down staring at the spawn, or someone watching 3 spawns back and forth. You can usually tell. But if you have TAGS, you have been VETTED by the council and are expected to play to a higher expectation of the ruleset. Play well my friends.
Comment
aims
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
TDM is a tough nut to crack for me... seems the team is camping a spawn...

We were making progress on this and it depends who is playing, the majority of the players get it, it is the usual suspects who spawn camp, tie the spawn down and then people moan because a: they are getting spawn killed and b: the cannot get out of spawn. In most cases it is down to one or two players camping in spawn.

By the sound of it, Wax's team were spawn camping and Wax was trying to get out, we have all been there and we can see that even the head admin encounters the issue where the opponent either kills you or you kill them, well as Thrash has said you take the fight to them and if there is spawn killing in this situation, it is more often the camped teams fault.

I have started to issue warnings again.

I was surprised that on crossfire the other day that players were not camping too much. Maybe because I was spectating?

Aims
Comment
Votes
Undo
Is it OK to spawnkill if you always apologize after?

Boom, -"Sorry, m8",
-"Hey, you, just spawned?". Boom, -"Sorry,m8!"

cheers
NK
Comment
Heavymetal
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
Is it OK to spawnkill if you always apologize after?

Boom, -"Sorry, m8",
-"Hey, you, just spawned?". Boom, -"Sorry,m8!"

cheers
NK

not really nk m8 , as you know this player would be warned then kicked by admin if he or she didnt stop.
Comment
Orion
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
Spawnkilling is about intent. Its hard to know exactly where spawns are at any one time in TDM. Tbh, in TDM, to get a warning from me, a player has to be pretty much pointing at a spawn point and picking people off as they spawn. I dont really have a lot of sympathy for a team that wont deal with a rusher in their spawn area.

FFA is a completely different ball game. Spawn points are fixed and people going from one spawn point to another then another, know exactly what they are doing.
Comment
Sgt_G
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
If it was me and maybe some of my clays, I'm sorry I will try to remember that you can't put clays within a set distance to a spawn.... I will now go and beat myself with thorn branches :(
Comment
Gort
OGHF Tag Wearer
Votes
Undo
Hi Sgt_G

I find stinging nettles work for me:)
Comment
TubeSlayer
Council Member
Votes
Undo
We had a trial a while back about warning spawn campers and kilters, and if the serial spawn campers and killers didn't move or stop immediately after the warning. We were to take them out.

However, not sure if the trial is still in place.
Comment
MAD_DAD
OGHF Tag Wearer
Votes
Undo
We had a trial a while back about warning spawn campers and kilters, and if the serial spawn campers and killers didn't move or stop immediately after the warning. We were to take them out.

I think thats a bit off topic - "It has been noted across all our COD4 servers that some members/admins are not adhering to our own rules. THIS MUST STOP"

Its about OGHF members and admins not obeying the rules and not serial campers, players or any trial.

Sorry to point that out but :p :D
Comment
Awol
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
Moving players from their own spawns is ongoing and a normal part of TDM Tube.
Comment
TubeSlayer
Council Member
Votes
Undo
My reply was a response to an ingredient or ingredients of the thread, and not the solution de sujet.

Head Admin is looking into and dealing with main thread issue..
Comment
Orion
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo

Im still enforcing this but only if camping in own spawn is detrimental to the game play - especially if its detrimental to the ability of the campers own team to offer effective competition to the other team.

(If that makes sense)

I dont want to be that admin who is constantly nagging. Some maps require enforcement of this rule more strongly. Some maps it makes little difference if a player sits out the whole game in their own spawn.
Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!