Monday, 14 September 2020
  3 Replies
  1.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
Hi All,

Following on from a recent post by Orion. Please get demo evidence before you make accusations. Also if you have an issue with an admin decision, we admins are not untouchable. The owner of the clan takes the conduct of our admins seriously and we have a code to conduct ourselves by. So never feel that you cannot speak out, we do sometimes get it wrong.

We have a simple set of rules and I think you would agree that we need to enforce them or the server will get out of hand with spawn killing and camping. FFA is very simple, do not camp in spawn. So if we ask you to move please do so. I am pretty relaxed most of the time and I will let it slip here and there with our regulars, however a: if you persist in regular spawn camping and killing it will be noticed and I will ask you to move. If you are doing it all the time then I will simply issue warnings until you stop doing it or you until you get a temp ban.

If you are running around I expect the odd spawn kill by mistake, however running between spawns, watching spawn exits and spawn points will land you in trouble. Yes you can camp, but not in spawn and that is any spawn, not just the one that you spawn at.

TDM, this is slightly different, yes you cannot spawn camp.

Follow these simple rules:

1. Spawn and move far enough away that your team will not continue to spawn, the nearest car or wall is often not good enough.
2. If you are camping, and your team starts to spawn around you, you are in a spawn and then you are back to rule 1.

Why can I not just sit there with my sniper rifle?

1. Its spawn camp.
2. You tie your team down
3. Spawn killing starts
4. There is no flow around the map and it static and frankly boring
5. No fun because all of the above

So this is why we enforce it, personally I hate issuing them, I would rather be in game.

Personally on most of the regular maps I know where the spawns are and if an admin asks you to move then please do so.

Sorry for the rant.

Aims
Votes
Undo
I think our Admins are exceptionally patient with players and warn them on numerous occasions.

Being an admin is a thankless task as we all just want to play.

We don't want to ruin games, but we have a regular set of players on TDM and they should all know the rules by now.

certain players continue to flout the server rules and may need a short sharp reminder?

http://oghf.org.uk/flat/flatty.gif

Votes
Undo
:p

http://oghf.org.uk/flat/flatty.gif

Votes
Undo
Accusations of players/admins without proof is not accepted and will be dealt with.

Admins are human beings, we arent autonomous, we arent all seeing ( thats what wall hackers use), we do this because we enjoy the game and want to make our servers a fair place to play. Sometimes we do get it wrong, guilty of that myself. What i will not put up with is players disregarding our rules then getting all upset because they get pulled up by an admin.

Quite simple really follow our rules and we will all get on famously, dont follow the rules and i'll get my size 11's and quite happily remove you off our servers.

Aims might be an idea to post this in the main cod4 forum so non tagged players can also see.

Awol
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.