1. ForgedInWar
  2. Love Fool Sherlock Holmes Notable Answerer
  3. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (COD4)
  4. Monday, 12 August 2019
  5.  Subscribe via email
These two is killing the game at times, players go straight to spec to avoid being killed over and over again without any defense.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Many people have been doing this for months, while it's annoying.. these people can't get any kills while they are spectating so they don't move up in the scoreboard and fall behind a lot of the time.

Though when there's only a handful of players on the server, it wastes the perks as 1 or 2 will go spectating and you don't get any kills for using the perk.

Hopefully the considerations to removing or nerfing the perks will change how people react to them.

My opinion would be to not punish players for it (and no, I don't do it) but look at why they do it. A chain of AC130s are not fun and should be nerfed.
Comment
Votes
Undo
I myself (below average player) get out to spectate, sometimes even before any of that start. Some players you know will enter the game and in no time run far in the lead and start with these "horrible" perks. One player that come to mind is "onetime" he starts halfway into the game and hardly ever ends anything lower than 2nd. Average players have no chance at all against the pro's. I will never penalise a player for getting out to preserve what small KDR he has.
Comment
Votes
Undo
I honestly feel a bit responsible for creating this meta of rushing AC, as I've not really noticed anyone doing that around the time I've joined the server back around January/February and I need to say that the AC and AGM are basically required to win the game since it's almost impossible to get so many kills within the same timespan and therefore are effectively breaking the game.

But there are 2 ways of solving this:

1. Just remove the AC and AGM, both are broken and get one player too many kills within the small '75 kills to win the game' window. Not sure if it is possible to remove them since they are part of the Leiizko's mod, but it would definitely be great.

2. Make the other killstreaks more cost-effective, especially artillery and airstrike, these two are too expensive to be effective in comparison to the AC and AGM.

Airstrike should be cheaper than arti as it usually doesn't have the abillity to get as many kills, but it shouldn't cost less than 50, as that would be too cheap. The best way of going around this would be increasing the price of all killstreaks except for radar and then leaving arti at 100 and airstrike at 70 with AGM costing more than 300 and AC costing over 400 (420 at least).

Improving the helicopter could also help as it would incentivize players to go different killstreak paths and scrap the AC/AGM path.
Comment
Wildcat
Council Member
Votes
Undo
Well I hope I get an AC130 before anyone may think of deleting it ...I am on a mission to get one by Christmas lol:p
Comment
Wildcat
Council Member
Votes
Undo
So its all Joak1m's fault lol
:p
Comment
KILLEMALL
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
Well I hope I get an AC130 before anyone may think of deleting it ...I am on a mission to get one by Christmas lol:p

just don't press 6 too get uav or anything, wait until 130 is ready for y, about 20-25 kills:D
Comment
Votes
Undo
In my opinion The price of AC 130 Should be increased to 450$ so it will be a bit worthy for players who gets 45 kills first as it deserve to win then . but i dont think any of the perks should be removed :)
Comment
Wildcat
Council Member
Votes
Undo
In my opinion The price of AC 130 Should be increased to 450$ so it will be a bit worthy for players who gets 45 kills first as it deserve to win then . but i dont think any of the perks should be removed :)

Increase the amount, are you mad? I won't get one until 2024 lol :p
Comment
Votes
Undo
lol wildy , good luck with that :P unfortunately i think its the best idea :D IM GENIUS HEHE
Comment
TubeSlayer
Council Member
Votes
Undo
Hi. reference this thread and the PM's i have had from some.....Rather than reply to the PMs different people have sent me regarding changing this and that on our servers, I will just write it here.
I do change maps and in theory can physically config things. But what I can do and what I'm aloud to do are two different things... I change the rotation on our COD 4 FFA server every few weeks. Adding requested maps from our members. I also do the same on the TDM server passing the options past Wax the TDM Head Admin ... Any suggestions or compliants, please feel free to Pm us and we will look at changing it for the best. Our pure aim is to keep the servers busy and fun so this really is a team effort and comments help greatly..
But when config changes are asked for on any server, I always have to get the approval of the boss (Flatsix). IE Max ping server limits. Game Time limits and other stuff. etc etc. Other more conplex config changes only he can physically do. He set all this up the way it is for a reason. And a good reason is needed to change it.

The COD4 24/7 server though is nothing to do with me. It is completely in the hands of Flatsix and so a change of map request or configuration changes, like with AC130 etc etc. Only he can do this. I get a request to change the map on there every week... Guys I can not...

I suggest those of you who want changes on that server, all get together. Request each other as friends on here and have a PM chat. Or something like that. . And agree between yourselves what you would like changed. Then once you are all at one, email him with your request... He may correspond, he may not. He is a busy guy (Real world job) ... But as the server is our busiest, he may think, "if it ain't bust, why change it"...

But who knows, it never hurts to ask.

Tube
Comment
TubeSlayer
Council Member
Votes
Undo
Ok after a bash at this game myself, players really do leave the server in droves when these perks are used. At to be honest I can see why.... What levels do you realistically want the more damaging perks to be set at.... I will then ask Flatty if I can change them.

Cheers.
Comment
Wildcat
Council Member
Votes
Undo
Ok after a bash at this game myself, players really do leave the server in droves when these perks are used. At to be honest I can see why.... What levels do you realistically want the more damaging perks to be set at.... I will then ask Flatty if I can change them.

Cheers.

Arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I will never get one lol:p
Comment
Wildcat
Council Member
Votes
Undo
set it at 10 kills for me and 75 kills for everyone else please lol
Comment
Wildcat
Council Member
Votes
Undo
Get me Mr Six on the cat phone please lol
Comment
TubeSlayer
Council Member
Votes
Undo
Any other suggestions ?. We are going to need quite a few if we are going to get Flatty to allow us to change.
Comment
RogerRabbit
Council Member
Votes
Undo
The one thing that sticks in my mind re: the 24/7 server would be to ask the boss if there is any way to force names for un-named players, would make life a bit easier for the Admins on that server
Comment
Votes
Undo
I also go straight to spec - like today - a player with a 20 ping against players of a 100 and up - no chance.
And then while speccing him (God Of Cod) found him spawn camping with the lowest ping in the game.
Third warning and he ask me: "Seriusly". lol.
Comment
TubeSlayer
Council Member
Votes
Undo
This guy (God of COD) has had so many warnings its unreal. The last one was a 4 week TB from Roger with a final warning attached.... All to no avail it seems....

He is now Perm banned...
Comment
Votes
Undo
Just ask to remove ac and agm, there's just no counterplay to it and highering the price would just make it more of a race to get the it.
Comment
tass
Game Server Admin
Votes
Undo
I will admit that I hardly play that server mostly because of the AGM and C-130, it is the funniest looking C-130 I have ever seen. To me it takes the fun out of it. I still go in and do the admin thing when I can but as for playing,almost never.
Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!