1. TubeSlayer
  2. Smile Seeker Love Fool Sherlock Holmes
  3. Gossip and Jokes
  4. Monday, 07 October 2019
  5.  Subscribe via email
Hi
Although I love playing cod4, my favorite PC game is Flightsim X, With all the addons I have I can really get engrossed into a simulated flight in almost any aircraft and go anywhere in the world. Microsoft stopped updating the Flightsim game over 10 years ago, and although others have made addons for the game. Most are quite buggie. There are other Flightsims available but not really to the same standard.

Then in June this year Microsoft announced that a new one will be out in 2020. I've monitored this for a few months as I didn't really believe it. But all the news since just gets better.

The only downside I fear is, it will turn into a monthly or annual subscription game. Or the planes will be limited to just a few. But the scenery looks amazing and most importantly realistic and actual. So Visual Flight Rules (VFR) is achievable. Which is really fun in a light aircraft.

Cant wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOPIjzzH1G8
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I've been looking too. Going to need some beast of a PC to play it as it should be played.
Miles ahead of its predecessor.

I used to be into it a lot in years passed. Started on Amiga before moving onto PC. Microprose were class. used to spend days just reading the manuals before playing.
You tried the likes of DCS or the IL2 series?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Gossip and Jokes
  3. # 1
TubeSlayer
Council Member
Votes
Undo
To be honest Myst no I haven't. I just stuck to the MS versions right from the 1st one. Spent a fortune on MS9 and then again on 2014 addons if I remember. So when it all up graded to FSX, I just decided to download stuff from simvations which was miles cheaper. And added Flight traffic etc. with a few scenery addons. I downloaded Dubai airport once and my PC couldn't handle.It and buggered it all up..

This though looks the Dogs and I will probably invest in whatever PC it takes to run it.... I fear it will go the same way as their Word and Excel etc though IE annual subscription
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Gossip and Jokes
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Might have to dig mine out. Havent played it for a while.
DCS is worth a look, free to install and you get 2 planes free. good flight models and characteristics. i think you would enjoy it. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/
IL2 1946 is a little dated these days but still better than a lot out there. There are new versions too.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Gossip and Jokes
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!