By EDZ1967 on Saturday, 15 June 2024
Posted in IW4x
Replies 11
Likes 1
Views 811
Votes 0
Hi All,
I noticed there are two MW2 servers listed on the oghf web page. I bought the game today on Steam. I installed and played the campaign for a minute, and the public mp servers for a few minutes (to see if everything was installed/working). But when I click the link on the OGHF web page, it says to add a line in console {connect 51.89.142.126:26990 }.
I am unable to open the console, or find a way to turn on the console. A steam post said there is no console in this COD?

What am I missing?
Hi EDZ I was playing it fine until more updates it is all beyond me the IW4X stuff I can only play the couple of servers that have not updated. I can not play on our servers. You need someone more technical and that is not me.
·
3 months ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I did a lovely long reply, then actually read the OP, my reply was for Modern Warfare not Modern Warfare 2 lol
·
3 months ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
oops have I got the wrong one as well lol
·
3 months ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thank you for the attempts
·
3 months ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
You will need the IW4x mod to connect to the OGHF servers
https://xlabs-mirror.github.io/support_iw4x_client
·
3 months ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Roger the link don't work and I could never get that mod launcher to work anyway, but that could be that I'm old and don't understand
·
3 months ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
hmmmm works for me
·
3 months ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
I've had this working in the past but I can't get the links to the downloads to open but if my old memory is right didn't the developing team have a cease and desist order from the game developer might be wrong on that though
·
3 months ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·

That would explain the link not working .
Fun game in it's day on PS3.

I'll stick with WaW and COD4 for now then.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
·
3 months ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Guys,

Im new to the forum but still play a couple times a week in my lunch break.. yes the original iw4x had a ceace and desist from activision but the Alterware guys took it over and still maintain/update it. you can get their client here https://github.com/mxve/alterware-launcher

However since the update it did today i can no longer see the old gits server in the server list, anyone no whats happend? its a shame as its our fave server to play, was working fine last week.

Thanks,
Jason
·
3 months ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
ahh, just tryed to connect using the ip and port and it says server is the wrong version.. guess it needs an update? ip and port used was 51.89.142.126:26990

Thanks,
Jason
·
3 months ago
·
1 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post