Saturday, 15 June 2024
  11 Replies
  811 Visits
Votes
Undo
Hi All,
I noticed there are two MW2 servers listed on the oghf web page. I bought the game today on Steam. I installed and played the campaign for a minute, and the public mp servers for a few minutes (to see if everything was installed/working). But when I click the link on the OGHF web page, it says to add a line in console {connect 51.89.142.126:26990 }.
I am unable to open the console, or find a way to turn on the console. A steam post said there is no console in this COD?

What am I missing?
EDZ1967 set the post as Normal priority — 3 months ago
EDZ1967 set the type of the post as  Technical — 3 months ago
Hi EDZ I was playing it fine until more updates it is all beyond me the IW4X stuff I can only play the couple of servers that have not updated. I can not play on our servers. :o You need someone more technical and that is not me. :(
I did a lovely long reply, then actually read the OP, my reply was for Modern Warfare not Modern Warfare 2 lol
oops have I got the wrong one as well lol
:o
3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thank you for the attempts :)
You will need the IW4x mod to connect to the OGHF servers
https://xlabs-mirror.github.io/support_iw4x_client
Votes
Undo
Roger the link don't work and I could never get that mod launcher to work anyway, but that could be that I'm old and don't understand
hmmmm works for me
3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
I've had this working in the past but I can't get the links to the downloads to open but if my old memory is right didn't the developing team have a cease and desist order from the game developer might be wrong on that though
3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

That would explain the link not working :).
Fun game in it's day on PS3.

I'll stick with WaW and COD4 for now then.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Guys,

Im new to the forum but still play a couple times a week in my lunch break.. yes the original iw4x had a ceace and desist from activision but the Alterware guys took it over and still maintain/update it. you can get their client here https://github.com/mxve/alterware-launcher

However since the update it did today i can no longer see the old gits server in the server list, anyone no whats happend? its a shame as its our fave server to play, was working fine last week.

Thanks,
Jason
3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
ahh, just tryed to connect using the ip and port and it says server is the wrong version.. guess it needs an update? ip and port used was 51.89.142.126:26990

Thanks,
Jason
There are no replies made for this post yet.