1. TubeSlayer
  2. Smile Seeker Love Fool Sherlock Holmes
  3. Old Gits Having Fun News
  4. Wednesday, 29 July 2020
  5.  Subscribe via email
Hmm, wasn't quite sure where to post this but. Well this will have to do.
I really can't wait for this game to come out. Its says 18th August.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/13/21322499/microsoft-flight-simulator-pc-launch-august-18th-pricing

I just hope my PC can handle it. And that its not pay to play.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
On my radar too. I'm on a couple of Facebook groups that the testers are on. some of the footage looks amazing. Especially as as my 1st flight sim was on the Spectrum almost 40 years ago
I think it will need a beast of a machine to play at it best settings
An excuse for a new pc methinks :)
Comment
MAD_DAD
OGHF Tag Wearer
Votes
Undo
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 will require, at minimum, a Windows 10 PC with either an Intel i5-4460 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 processor, an Nvidia GTX 770 or AMD Radeon RX 570 GPU, 8 GB RAM, 2 GB VRAM, 150GB of hard drive space, and support for DirectX
Comment
MAD_DAD
OGHF Tag Wearer
Votes
Undo
Microsoft recommends an Intel i5-8400 or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X CPU, Nvidia GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 590 graphics, 4GB of VRAM, 16GB of RAM, and a 20Mbps download speed.
Comment
MAD_DAD
OGHF Tag Wearer
Comment
Gort
OGHF Tag Wearer
Votes
Undo
Hi I bought my dad the last flight sim I have now inherited it back but seeing your post I have a real need ms had really lead the field here
Comment
MAD_DAD
OGHF Tag Wearer
Votes
Undo
Oh by the way myst, i beat you. I had the flight simulation game for the Sinclair ZX81 which came out before the ZX Spectrum (which i also had).
Comment
TubeSlayer
Council Member
Votes
Undo
I 1st got into it in about 1990... Meigs Field Chicago. Memoires/ :D

Yep a new PC is on the cards. What ever it takes. It just looks awesome..
Comment
Votes
Undo
It will be a cash cow i think
Only so many airports to choose, whilst most will be there, i think the optimised ones will be at a cost. same with planes, terrains.

The standard version is to be included on Gamepass so i'll be able to try it and then decide what to do from there.In the meantime i have IL2 Sturvovik and DCS, and to a lesser degree World of Warplanes for my aerial enjoyment.
Comment
TubeSlayer
Council Member
Votes
Undo
Well I'll be interested to see what you think.. I just think there maybe a catch round the corner. A pay to play subscription. Saying that the full version is well over £100 so maybe not. Ive watched all the Youtube stuff on it and I don't think Ive ever looked more forward to a game. My son who is in IT has told me I do need to get a more powerful PC. So thats a bit of a blow. But hey ho....

A change from work or talking about scollfire anyway :D
Comment
Votes
Undo
Will do mate.

If you like planes, try the IL2 series or DCS

The early IL2 is dirt cheap. DCS is very good, and you get free aircraft too, although should it get the bug, its potentially expensive to add some new ones (Harrier comes to mind, and very lifelike on my very limited time at controls of a one in mid 70's)
Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!