Wednesday, 14 October 2020
  28 Replies
  3.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
Hi I need help, I have been banned recently on Old Gits Having Fun overgrown for rapid fire, they have taken a demo and its currently under review (so they say) I just want to add on that, that there was no scripts no binds no macro or anything involved in that demo or in my game for that matter... I have tried to explain to the admins that I don't use anything and adding on that I would never even try to cheat on this game (cod4) I have also explained that I have a lot of experience on the game and that you are able to shoot that fast with the gun (G3 gun) I even offered to send them a video of how I shoot so fast (no cheats involved) I have a gaming mouse witch takes no effort at all the click... Meaning I am able to shoot very fast...as fast as I want... I see and understand that this server has just made a new rule for no rapid fire, but please understand that me clicking fast is how I, how anyone would play for that matter. The admin have followed the rules by warning me but with that i tried explaining peacefully that im not using anything, its just me clicking my mouse... They first said that i'm using a scroll wheel (but my scroll wheel doens't even work) Please look into this, as I have used no Hacks no macro's or any Binds... Im just your average player trying to have fun on the server witch I quite like a lot. My offer still stands where i said i will show proof with a video of my mouse and my gameplay and I will even go so far as to show the difference between me playing normal and then me playing with a fast fire script/bind witch is up to you guys if you want me to, im just trying to show that i have not used anything to deserve a ban. Im a very skilled player if I say so my self and I have a decent gaming setup... My IGN is GT| Shawn and GT is a very famouse clan as well and they will also tell you that i dont use anything at all... If i have upset anyone then i am sorry but that was not my intentions... AT ALL...
Thanks for your polite post Shawn our Head Admin will get back to you on this.
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thank you so much, I just want to get back to playing :) As i'm here at home doing nothing and the server I played on really kept me busy. Not a lot of other servers that is so nice to play on. And is also the lowest pinged server witch I could find (Since I live in South Africa)

Have a nice day :)
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Oh sorry to bother but where can i find the demo that they took of me?
I will ask if we can post it on here for you Shawn
Votes
Undo
That would be in our admin area Shawn and not open to the public
Thanks
HI Shawn Awol is Head admin he will sort it
Votes
Undo
Hi Shawn

Thanks for taking the time to post about your recent temp ban. Of late we have had a few issues with players using macros, scroll fire, scripts etc which we will not tolerate on our servers. We have received a few demos of yourself which are under discussion in our admin forum. Apart from the rate of fire that was being questioned we also noted the possibility of something else going on, due to this i put you on a 2 week temp ban so the other admins could review the demo's and give their opinions. If the admins all agree nothing going then the ban will be allowed to expire. Please be patient with us, not called Old Gits for nothing.

Awol
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Okay thanks for everyone’s time that is put in on my situation, oh and about the other suspicions. I can assure you 100% that i am not using any sort of hack... wall hacking/esp you name it... I know that some of my shots are questionable but like i said i am a skilled player and i know my maps especially when it comes to OG maps so please don’t go to hard on me by thinking i was wall hacking or any sort of hack cause thats not me. If you do want i can record my gameplay at some stage. I honestly don't know what else to say other than me being completely clean of everything. I also remember shooting players and then getting a warning for spawn killing. That was just me running around and killing players that i see, I wasn’t literally camping and aiming at where the players spawn. So once again I'm sorry if I have upset anyone while playing, it honestly was not intended, I was only playing the game.

Love the support that im getting from you guys and keep it up!

I will love to see that demo if it’s possible to post in here?

And take as long as you guys need, noticed the tag (oghf)

And i respect the wishes of the servers rules.
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi again, sorry i might seem buggy but i just want to add on to the fire rate... here’s a random video that i got on youtube of the G3 i just searched cod 4 G3 and found this video....

https://youtu.be/K-fruM5LNEY

Keep in mind he’s playing on console witch gives him a disadvantage seeing that he cant shoot faster unless he has fast fingers but other than that his fire rate is very fast... I'm playing with a mouse which is made for pro gaming witch gives me an advantage, being that I can click faster.

And there are multiple other videos of where the fire rate is even faster with no cheats or anything, all depends on the player.

Kind regards Shawn
Hi Shawn
As others have said, thank you coming here and posting your appeal in the way you have
Firstly just to stress, you haven't been banned, only temp banned

As the Head Admin has said, the 2 week Temp ban is for other issues our team has been asked to look at., as well as the fast firing issue. But I'm posting about the fast firing issue, just so hopefully you will understand why we are concerned about all the players that over a relatively short period of time, have come to our servers and almost infected us with this type of firing with these single shot weapons.

I have read your posts as well set out as they are, and to be honest, we are not really concerned in what goes on on other servers or how fast weapons fire on You Tube demos or what is allowed there. We are concerned on what happens on our servers.

In the COD 4 servers listed, we (OGHF) are ranked 1, 2 and 3 in the UK. And in the whole world, all 3 of our servers are in the top 60. To get there takes a huge amount of work. The clan owner has set these servers up in the way that suites us( as a fun server for having fun.) He has set rules and a code that he expects us Admins to abide by. And it is really that and then the skill and dedication of our Admins to make sure that these rules are followed, and seen to be followed. That has made the servers so successful and the reason players return so often.

So when players start coming to our servers, and start using weapons that in our opinion, have a rate of fire that is Unquestionably Unrealistically fast, for that type of weapon. And totally upsetting the ambiance of the server. then I hope you will understand, we have to start to look to do something about it.

So we are looking at the demo's. And if we feel that players are firing a weapon with a rate of fire, that "is" Unquestionably Unrealistically fast, for that type of weapon. And in our opinion unfair, causing many players to stop coming to our server because of it, some that have been playing here for years. Then we will have to ask the players firing at that unrealistic rate, to stop, or remove them from our servers. However they feel about it.

Your demo is being looked at, commented on and a decision made soon. If the decision goes against you. I hope you will accept it. As you say there are other servers that allow that sort of fast firing on them. There are many others that don't allow it.
You will be welcome to play here if you use the weapons' in the way that was meant.. But as i say. No decision made yet sir. All may be fine.

Our job is to keep our servers. FUN, FAIR, and FULL.

Hope that makes sense sir.
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I understand completely of what the situation is, as i am also a manager of a server which we need to manage so people come back and keep playing. so im not against the fact that people who use unusual fire rates have to be punished ...in my opinion, banning people who use these macro’s and binds are the way to go, but there are some guns like the G3 that people have to learn how to use as there is no cap on how fast you can fire with it and its been part of the game since the beginning. but abnormal fire rates shooting 10 bullets in a second is definitely not normal...i see your concerns of keeping members in the server and for that i wont argue or complain about your decisions regarding my ban, however i still want to bring up the fact that no cheats were used nor were any binds of any sort that is a promise, what i can do to help the community in the future (if they want me too) is to help look out for these sorts of problems regarding the big amount of new comers in your server using cheats/binds/hacks, as i have a lot of experience in these things and look out for these things in my own server as well, you can say that i have an eye for these sorts of problems. Once again i respect the rules of the server and thinking about it now i’d love to help you guys.

If it is possible then i’d gladly help, I know that there are admins and oghf members for that but my offer still stands :)

I have a few tips and commands to minimize the fire rate problems that are in your servers as well as people who use wall hacks and stuff, i will happily share our mods that we use to keep out any cheaters.

Hope to hear of my problem soon as i really want to get back to playing on the server.

Shawn
Votes
Undo
Hi Shawn

Thanks for being patient. I'm currently nights so not seeing a lot of this until late in the day. I'll attach some of the demo's that have been received.

Awol
Votes
Undo
A couple more
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Awol, thank you for these and no worries I’m Waiting patiently ?
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi, its been a while now. When can I receive an answer? Im trying to reach the top players score but it’s taking longer than what I expected.

Shawn
The temp ban is for two weeks Shawn. This period is given so we get as many Admins viewing as possible in cases like this, where there is a lot to look at, and a lot to decide sir. Hope that helps
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Oh now I understand may i please know why i got a temp ban? What rule did i break? What exactly did i do wrong?
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I don’t deserve a two weeks ban? 3 days are more than enough time for everyone to look at a few demo’s. This isn’t fair at all? I would understand if i got a temp ban for two weeks when i used hacks or something but not for having suspicions?

I don’t t like this,AT ALL....
Votes
Undo
:(

http://oghf.org.uk/flat/flatty.gif

Hi Shawn. Looking at the logs the Head Admin temp banned you for suspect game play.. We are also looking at the fast shooting issue, which many have complained about also. But no temp ban was implemented for that i should add.

With respect, this is our set timescale for doing this. Always has been. You will just have to wait. And although you say you are clean of hacks. And you may very well be sir. We don't know that, and because there was quite a few demo's and from different members concerned about this, we are duty bound to look at it properly. And get as many opinions as possible..

Do you mind me asking how old you are Shawn. You don't have to answer that if you don't wish to sir.

Tube
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.