Monday, 27 May 2024
  5 Replies
  341 Visits
Votes
Undo
Afternoon all,
I have decided to step away from COD4 for a short while and remove my tags.
I have always played by the rules and pointed out the error of their ways to non clan members who break them, but last night was the final straw.
To point out rule breaking and then that player to be told that they can ignore me as I wasn't an admin, was in my opinion, demeaning and sends out the wrong message.
The whole point of being a clan member is to uphold the clan's rules, to make the games enjoyable for all.
Not being an Admin simply means you cannot penalise the player, it shouldn't mean that you should be ignored, when assisting Admin's.

Anyway thanks for accepting me back into the clan, on the whole it has been enjoyable.

I am sure I will see you on the servers again, where I a can simply play and not worry about other players.

Cheers

Twiz

http://oghf.org.uk/flat/flatty.gif

fd2ca0552648a5c7e336ddeab6c1cd77 set the post as Normal priority — 3 weeks ago
fd2ca0552648a5c7e336ddeab6c1cd77 set the type of the post as  Technical — 3 weeks ago
Twiz just put the tags back on! yesterday teatime was a bit OTT in my opinion, different people warning players all the time and yes I thought Rambo must of been fed up. Yes in my opinion we should uphold the clan's rules but just maybe give them a chance. I found it stressful but then again I am maybe too soft, but I am not going to change. I have thought numerous times that's it I am chucking it in lol, but I think why should I. So take a few days and just come back on with tags and forget it. It is a game. Well I think it it is. :)
Play WaW lad
3 weeks ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sorry guys, wrong post.
Votes
Undo
Anyone on the server that has tags has the right to advise if players are breaking the rules. May i ask who said to ignore you ?
As for removing the tags please dont be hasty Twiz. Count to 10 and then come back on. If you wish to chat please send me a PM.

Edit: I've just read the chat logs from yesterday evening. To be honest Twiz i think you've taken the comment that was made out of context.
Votes
Undo
I could have expressed it better and did go on to clarify it but you may have left by then.

The point I was trying to make to Rambo was that he could take the criticism on board and reflect or just ignore it but there was no point in him responding by going on about how he felt picked on.

It is useful when other players point out people's transgressions as admins are made aware of an issue and can then decide if they want to do something about it. Unfortunately this nearly always means dropping out of game to spec the player. Toujane is one of my favourite maps and I get sick of not playing it because of people nading the spawns on it. There were several people jumping into the conversation that needed closing down and it wasn't putting me in the best of moods to have to deal with that rather than just play.

As I said, it could have been better expressed and I'm sorry if you felt your efforts were being criticised. That wasn't the intention.

...and stop poaching Roger :p
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.