Tuesday, 02 March 2021
  38 Replies
  4.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
Hi All,

A wee poll on clays. I have used them a lot in the past and not so much these days, mainly due to the no stock maps and not knowing all of the spawns.

So here is a wee poll to see who is in favour of getting rid of them.

Do we want to have a trial removal of clays from cod4?
(43 Votes)
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I see the poll swinging to a no. I think this youtube video sums things up: claymore mine cod 4

OMG, is there no escaping that blooming song for me 😮😮😮 it follows me thru the clans🤣🤣🤣

I think a nice handbag would suit u aims, u could shove ur clays in it 🤪
I love that song:D
Votes
Undo
I see the poll swinging to a no. I think this youtube video sums things up: claymore mine cod 4

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Votes
Undo
[/quotePost]I think a nice handbag would suit u aims, u could shove ur clays in it 🤪[/quotePost]

It would go well with the rest of the gear that I wear while playing cod :p
Votes
Undo

I think a nice handbag would suit u aims, u could shove ur clays in it 🤪

It would go well with the rest of the gear that I wear while playing cod :p

Gear... what gear?

I am totally NAKED when I play :D :D :D :D :D :D

http://oghf.org.uk/flat/flatty.gif

Votes
Undo
:o

http://oghf.org.uk/flat/flatty.gif

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I hate clays as you know especially when they belong to aims🤪 but saying that, I voted against getting rid coz it’s all part of the game. I always carry 3 grenades in me handbag an I would be gutted if that got removed 😁

I would like to see the servers with the knife being changed to a handbag...

I voted no on this occasion, I use claymores on stock maps primarily but never use them near the spawns...
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I hate clays to be honest with you but they are part of the game. Dont like clays well use the perk thats there so you can see them. I voted to keep them.

I agree, although I don't like them either, don't use them that much, but it's part of the game, but the thing is that some people abuse it and place them where they shouldn't be placing them, same as with let's say RPG, I read a comment above where someone said that it's part of the game, and that it should be implemented. Well same situation with RPG, it's part of the game, but then u will get bunch of people shooting rockets in ur face, I voted to get them off just to see how it is. It wouldn't mind me being without them, but I guess some people who prefer not moving that much and sitting in one spot for a while, might find it unpleasing.
Votes
Undo
Late to this party..

Weapons are an intrinsic part of the game and therefore all should therefore be allowed- YES TUBES

And obvioulsy there has to be in place what is allowed regarding the use of such weapons like clays etc but that is about a players honourable style.

Play style is something different (or no style! camping in an alcove waiting for passers by), jumping all over...wall banging without current prior knowledge of the player being there, these need to have strict parameters and thus should be controlled.

Wall banging, if you have been shot from a place or have seen a player there etc, jumping up to shoot over a wall where someone is camped and the list continues, these seem to be logical and a practical solution to certain situations and not void of honourable game play.

Perks, well either they are all allowed or not any at all, I find sinking 10+ bullets into someone who then lets of 1 shot and I am dead ridiculas, same with running around the map like Hussain Bolt, someone can kill however many people after they are down with last stand, though I cannot let go of the grenade I have been lovingly nurturing.

I don't know what parameters decides on the above and therefore if it is removed or kept, looking purely at this thread it is not a democratic desicion obviously as it is mentioned in this instance this vote/poll means nothing.

So for example why are TUBES, letting go of a grenades at death, jumping up above a wall to kill not allowed, but last stand, incessant lottery wallbanging, running around like sonic the hedgehog allowed to name just a few.

I hope I look at things logically and practically and I could be wrong but there seems to be preference rather than solely logic and practicality and honourable play determining what is or not allowed.
The current rules and Perks have evolved over many years, and they are why many players play here. No Grenade launchers was the rule I liked and what attracted me here in the 1st place, Others have similar stories.
I would never say what we have currently is set in stone. But it would probably take a huge swing in one direction to change what we have.

But who knows. Stranger things have happened.
Votes
Undo
I doubt it would change...and I think the stone is very nearly set.

So from just your reply re weapons/perks that is a decision based on preference rather than some other determinng factor, like dishonourable play styles, bunny hoping, covering spawns etc although well within the parameters of the game, they are not either realistic (within a game!) or honourable styles.

What attracts me to OGHF, is a moral foundation and admin team who set standards and enforces them, though do not abuse their position and the power given.
I have to say it has nothing to do with the weapons or perks that are disabled, in fact I find that in allowing some but not others creates doubt to the logic of that.

Also the jump rule, I agree that bunny hoping all over the place is massively detremental to the game, but a well placed purposeful jump to get someone behind a wall would in my opinion be a ligitimate action to take, somewhat like spawn killing, when it happens as a result of running around the map or it is you or them then we understand that that is a legitimate kill, again nothing like covering spawns or running around with the intention of catching newly spawned players, for me the legit jump and kill and legit spawn kill are so similar that again appears it is preference rather than logic that determines it is an illegal action and kill.
If the reason is that people set them in spawn, and we will get rid of the problems.
Then we would have to remove nade as people keep throwing them into spaws as well, mainly in tdm, that is hell some times.

Last stand is something that is a big no for me. It just destroys the fun of the game. Some halfdead on the back, shooting all running by.
Laststand is the same as martydom.
Votes
Undo
I agree last stand is the same as martydom in principle, but 1 is allowed and the other is not and that is illogical.
Votes
Undo
someone can kill however many people after they are down with last stand

That's unfair, my record is only 4 people :p
Votes
Undo
same here! I only starting using that perk due to the utter frustration of getting killed.. everytime... by you after I kill you!!!!!!, I did try martydom but its not allowed, can't see me getting 4 with a grenade though:D
same here! I only starting using that perk due to the utter frustration of getting killed.. everytime... by you after I kill you!!!!!!, I did try martydom but its not allowed, can't see me getting 4 with a grenade though:D

No grenade launcher I can't have have so neither can you :D
Votes
Undo

No grenade launcher I can't have have so neither can you :D

Yes I think we should both have it:) why not? because some don't like it, well I don't like what some players have as weapons and perks, its just tough for me..I have to take it on the chin....and usually on the chin in the back through the chest:p
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.