Tuesday, 31 December 2019
  10 Replies
  1.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
Hi Folks

It is I the scarlet pimpernel....

I just wanted to post before the end of 2019 and say a few words.

2019 has been another strong year for the OGHF and I feel it proves that there is without doubt a place on the interweb for a friendly gaming community that focus's on having fun.

As always when another year ticks by it brings about a period of reflection for me. During the existence of the OGHF a lot of water has passed under our bridge that has brought about challenges and some disagreements. But by sticking with our approach to the way we behave and how the servers are run we have seen success and enjoyment had by both the clan members and our playing guests. Talking of players, currently across our 4 main servers we have 31523 players listed. That's a lot of people coming along to play with some Old Gits for sure, 17384 of those enjoy the wild west server has it seems to be nicknamed (24/7 Overgrown).

I will wheel out the old story again, but I do have a purpose.... The OGHF started back in 2008 as a way for a Dad to be part of his young sons journey into the gaming world, from that point most of the experiences have been fantastic and I have made many friends in a place that if you listen to popular belief is full of nasties. The only real true bump in the road was when we lost Haggis, he was a great man and without his input I am sure I would have lost the plot at some point and shut it all down. However since his passing the OGHF has a deeper meaning to me now more than ever and also the desire to keep it just as it was when Haggis munched wine gums and had a few choice words for people on our voice server.

I have one key individual to thank for keeping me clear about whats what and that is Robbyy, he truly is a patient and great human being who has kept true to everything that was put in place all those years ago and for that I thank him immensely.

Then there are all the council members who keep the whole thing on course and ensure that the ship sails in the right direction on a daily basis, you all have ensured that the OGHF has remained a safe and friendly place for all of us to visit and enjoy our hobby.

There is no real order to this as every person is key to the OGHF in their own way, the gameserver admins do have a task that results in various amounts of abuse and also a loss of time to just play and enjoy the game. Again I thank you so very much for all you do.

Thanks also to all those that moderate and engage with the website which I think is also a unique element of the OGHF as it is very active, therefore helping form our community.

So, what is 2020 going to bring, well firstly more of the same I hope as the old saying goes "If it aint broke don't fix it". I will keep looking out for ways to enhance what we offer and continue to ensure that all of our game management tools continue to function in there normal slick manner.

That just leaves me to say Happy New Year to you all and I hope you have a healthy and fun one.

Cheers

http://oghf.org.uk/flat/flatty.gif

Happy New Year Flatty - Best Wishes for 2020 :D
Votes
Undo
Happy New Year Flatty, hope you and your family have a great 2020
Lovely post Mr Six aka (Scarlet Pimpernel) I would like to wish you and your family all the very best for 2020 x
Thank you again Alan, for all your help and advice over the year(s)...And for keeping it all going.

Hope you and all yours at your end, have a great New Year.

Al
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
A big thank you from me for all you do Flatsix and a big Happy new year to you and all your family
Votes
Undo
Thanks flatly ,
Another year of gittiness achieved . And as you mentioned a thanks to our favourite croatian Robbyy for being our medium in which to get the message through .
Hope you and your families have a great 2020 , for me the railway beckons for another year of constant sweat and back breaking hard work in all weathers ( just in case any railway bosses are nosing in ).
Take care
Cro
Nice post Flatyyy....

i remember our messages after our Haggis passed away ....
we were totally down and i was 1 step from leaving , pretty sure you wasnt far away as well , but than you said...

" Haggis will kick us from above if we quit"

and I found a small light in the darkness and keep going on...

Thanks Man
Votes
Undo
Happy New Year Flatty - Have a great 2020 and all the OGHF
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Happy New year!!
Happy New year boss, hope you can find your way back to the servers for a game now and then cos I bet your a bit rusty around the edges??, thank you for your hard work too m8 ???
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.