New

corona

Wednesday, 15 April 2020
  19 Replies
  1.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
hi all,
ok corona virus is pretty much the hot topic and hope all that are reading this are healthy. i have found in the last 24hrs players using corona virus , as a player name. not acceptable to me my wife is a care worker in bridgend and has experience of many deaths to this virus . i gave 2 warnings but honestly this is crap , its not funny
. a full ban came very quicklly any one who thinks that a perm ban was not in order should leave this clan . my point is this , its not a joke , if someone thinks its funny ban them .
thank you all
cro
Agree to a degree. But i will send you a PM.. Cheers.
Hi Cro,do you mean do a tb for 2 weeks no warnings then afterwards on Echelon... a pb? I agree anyone with Corona name should be asked to change their name.
Votes
Undo
no i meant perm ban do we really need idiots like this , im sorry i am a key worker and my wife works in care home where the deaths are adding up ' so sorry perm ban every time for me
Votes
Undo
:(

http://oghf.org.uk/flat/flatty.gif

Votes
Undo

4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
There was one on today (I think) using the name COVID-19, didn't have time to do anything. As usual the 9-1-1 phone rang.
Votes
Undo
My wife and 2 eldest daughters are carers, the lack of PPE is disgusting especially due to the fact that some of the elderly in the homes have tested positive for Covid-19. Why some people think it's acceptable to use it as a player name is beyond me.
It is a totally unacceptable name and any idiotic moron player using the names must be asked to change it, or get removed (temp banned) from the server for two weeks. Not Perm banned! in game. Weve had too many mistakes made with the wrong player getting banned in the past when weve banned them in game. Then the Head Admin can deal with the idiots in Echelon as set out by the Clan owner.
I'm not being soft here, I'm as appauled as the rest that some half wits are using these names when alot of us and our family are seeing all this first hand. (wife NHS). Mum and Dad,(almost 90) worried sick. But if we go back to banning in game, we will be going back too the Pm popping. up "Opps, sorry can you unban xyz, I banned the wrong player... 2 warnings and 2w tb "please" Then Head Admin decide PB or whatever. As I say, its not a judgement on a Perm ban or not. It just how all of us should go about removing these morons from the server, without removing the wrong player.

Thank you.
Agree with permban for all players with corona or covid names...

I understand you was very annoyed with his name Cro buddy , but iam sure you will be calm next time and go with tempban in the game and permban on echelon - its better feeling when you swing your banhammer on someone like him twice lol
Votes
Undo
thanks for the feedback here , i know nearly all of us are connected in one way or another with this virus . and i can understand the problem with in game banning , so reluctantly i have to agree tempban then perm ban . the time between these things happening will probably be less than 2 weeks tho lol .
Permban is the Head Admins responsibility - that is if they feel it is warranted. Warnings then Temp ban and pass on your concerns to the approprate HA.
Votes
Undo

Votes
Undo
Agree with what you said C...and I would ban them for a very long time too
Thanks Mad... I think it would have to be Mr Six that does that but I am not sure, maybe Robby could add it:D
Yes thanks for recommendtion Mad dad. That config is on Flatsix's side. And up to him if he adds it as a bad name... It would be great if he would. It would stop the half wits that think those names are funny joining us.
Votes
Undo
Delete
Yes good point sharky
Votes
Undo

Votes
Undo
I dont agree with a perm ban. They are idiots - just ask them to change the name and most will do it. If they dont give them a 2 min ban...they will get the message. Had a joker on Creek today with the name Fuhrer. I suppose he thought he was big and clever, but he changed it when asked to with no complaints.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.